Water is an important and valuable component of the environment. It is one of the most common substances of particular importance for life on our planet.
Without water, any economic activity is unthinkable.
Water abstraction is carried out to provide water for all areas of public development – for drinking water supply, for irrigation, for industrial use, for electricity generation and for a number of other purposes.
That is why water pollution is a serious problem and responsibility of every person and of any organization.
Water conservation is regulated by the Water Act and activities related to water use and/or use of a body of water are subject to authorisation.
The purpose of the Water Act is to ensure integrated water management in the interest of society and to protect the health of the population.
It is therefore necessary to create the conditions for ensuring sufficient water quantity and quality, reducing water pollution, protecting surface and groundwater and that of the Black Sea, termination of pollution of the marine environment with natural or synthetic substances, reducing and/or terminating discharges, emissions and releases of priority substances.
What types of permits are required for the use of a body of water?
A permit for the use of a body of water is issued for:
I. Construction of new or reconstruction and modernization of existing systems and facilities for:
- Current adjustment
- Linear infrastructure crossing water bodies – aqueducts, bridges, transmission networks and ducts
- Hydrogeological studies
- Protection against harmful effects of water
- Hydrotechnical port facilities
- Floating facilities in dams
- Water abstraction from surface water or groundwater
- Re-injection and water injection, artificial recharge of groundwater and removal of pollutants in groundwater
II. Aquaculture and related activities
III. Discharge of waste water into surface water for:
- Design of sites, including sewage systems of settlements, urban and resort formations
- Operation of existing sites, including sewage systems of settlements, urban and resort formations
IV. Removal of sediments from surface water bodies
V. Re-injection or injection of water into groundwater bodies
VI. Artificial groundwater recharge
VII. Removal of pollutants in groundwater
VIII. Maintaining the conductivity of uncorrected river beds for cleaning bushes, wood vegetation and waste.
If you ask in particular what you can rely on us in the water sector, we can be useful to you in the following areas:
I. Preparation and submission of:
- Applications for permits for water abstraction and use of surface water bodies
- Application for issuance of a permit for water abstraction from a surface water body
- Application for amendment, extension or re-issuance of a permit for water abstraction from surface waters and / or use of a surface body of water
- Application for authorisation of the use of a body of water for discharge of waste water into surface water
- Applications for permits for water abstraction and use of groundwater
- Application for amendment, extension or re-issuance of a permit for water abstraction from ground waters and / or use of a ground body of water
Also, citizens are entitled to free water abstraction under the following conditions:
- The groundwater abstraction facility is located within the boundaries of settlements and settlement formations
- It is used up to 10 cubic meters per day for own needs or uses individual heating and / or cooling systems with a total installed capacity of up to 50 kW, using as the primary energy source the energy of dry areas in the earth insides and groundwater with a temperature of up to 20 °C, excluding mineral waters
- The maximum water volumes for the land of each settlement, which may not be greater than 50 per 100 of the available resources of the first underground body of water, shall not be exceeded as defined in the river basin management plans and announced on the websites of the basin directorates.
In this regard, we may offer you advice and preparation of:
- Notification of registration of groundwater facilities to meet citizens’ own needs
- Application for registration of groundwater treatment facilities to meet citizens’ own needs
- Application for registration of groundwater abstraction facility for business purposes
- Notification of the construction of a groundwater abstraction facility to meet own needs.
According to the Water Act, “citizens’ own needs” are the needs for water for household purposes, as well as for watering animals and irrigation within the boundaries of own property. This does not include water needs for doing business and exercising a profession or a craft.
Whether you need water use for your own or business needs, we will help you by consulting and preparing the necessary documents to realize your intentions.
For more information or assistance on a specific case, contact us now:
Phone: +359 879 222 849
Address: 1592 Sofia, Iskar district, 2 Obikolno Str., office No. 2.